Had to share this recipe with you from Laura Vitale‘s blog:
I made this for Michael and I tonight and it was excellent! If you look at her video she recommends spreading this on a baguette, which we did and I’d like to thank my photographer (lol) for some of the photos while I prepared it…
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Hot sauce of your choice
Chopped Chives, to taste
1) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2) Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit and using a spoon, remove some of the avocado pulp from the center of each half so you have enough room for the eggs.
3) Crack each egg over a small bowl and let some of the whites run in the bowl and add the egg yolk and remaining egg white in each half of the avocado. Make sure you place the avocado halves in a small oven safe dish so they stand up nicely without falling over.
4) Sprinkle each with some salt and pepper, pop them in the oven and bake them for 15 minutes (for a runny yolk) or 20 minutes for a fully set egg.
5) Top with some chives and hot sauce and spread on some good bread!
(We didn’t add the chives or hot sauce (this time) but we did spread it on the bread…and added some of the great Tillamook cheese curds my lovely daughter got us from their trip.) And what would this dinner be without French wine (for M) and Mimosa (for me)!
Post By: Laura Vitale