I want to first thank that very sweet young lady (I can say that) because first off, she will be turning 24 tomorrow (on the 24th)! Everyone send a little Happy Birthday wish to Ms. Jess (and enjoy perusing her blog). I had the greatest pleasure of inviting her to her first Mariners Game last night (thanks to our company suite) and I had the chance to also meet her cute fiancé, Cale. I’m thrilled I got the chance to see that smile in person and I highly recommend (again) that you follow her blog as well as her Instagram (and the upcoming wedding plans)!
I’d also like to thank her for nominating me for another blog award – although to be quite honest, I do not fall in the same category; but am honored and flattered none-the-less. (Details below).
But I wanted to quickly remind you ALL (male and female) to please (if you have insurance and even if you don’t) make sure you have yearly (if not more) exams: listen to your bodies instincts and also if you don’t think you feel sick/bad/symptoms, go and at least have a yearly physical! INCLUDING dental exams… I will be OUT of commission tomorrow (the latest saga of my 51st birthday gift to myself – old age issues). LOL Seriously I have to laugh about it. I just had the mammogram (birthday gift) (a second one scheduled coming Monday) because I have ‘something’ to be further examined (this time their doing the ultrasound too) and tomorrow I will be in the dental chair (Ms. Kaui from Maui – also another wonderful blogger) for oral surgery: two wisdom teeth pulled, but also an ‘odd polyp’ that the Cat Scan (the birthday gift also – hee hee) saw in my jawline, near my ear.
Moral of that saga (story) is just a reminder to get exams & physicals. Don’t wait (like me) to turn 50 (okay I waited until 51)…
Back to the HAPPY NOTE (Award), please look at Jess’ answers to her nomination:
here are the rules:
* display the award logo on your blog
* thank the person who nominated you and link back to them
* nominate 7 other bloggers for the award
* let them know they have been nominated
seven things about me:
~ I am always wanting to take care of others first, because it makes ME happy!
~ I share too much. LOL Is that why I blog?
~ I’m short – it used to be cute, but now I AM Estelle Getty (Golden Girls). ha
~ I’m a speed demon (lead foot).
~ I want to own some cabins/cottages & barn – to host events (and adult camp).
~ I’m a flirt (to both men & women) and used to drive my ex crazy – luckily my BF knows this and accepts me for being ME! (or so he says)
~ I still love my kids with all my heart and I’m starting to like who I am NOW (most of the time). That includes those nasty physical issues. LOL
And rather than bore you with my answers, I prefer to send out the NOMINATIONS!! Okay so I should have added one more detail about me: I over do (more than 7)! But I’m a giver:
1. Rae of Sparkles (creatively beautiful)
2. Katzenworld (fun cat reads and great posts)
3. This Abundant Life (introvert with a great insight)
4. From Cranky to Happy Mom (the name alone tells you about HER) 🙂
5. Some Day Sunny (beauty – inside & out)
6. My Inner Noise (another introvert (love them) and his quick posts – good voice/writer)
7. The Reporter and the Girl (girl crush?) lol
8. Ted Kennedy Watson (my favorite lifestyler (new word), shop, wish he (they) were my best friends (lol), etc.)
9. Just 5 More Minutes (even if you don’t own a travel trailer – Monica is an amazing photographer, crafter, foodie, etc.)
Enjoy and have a GREAT weekend – make it what you can!