I personally think that having two ‘holidays’ next to each other seems a bit ‘odd’ – Sunday will be Valentine’s Day and IF you are celebrating/enjoying time with a loved one (new and/or old) I hope that it IS a good, romantic day for you. I like the ROMANTIC side of V-day, but not the COST or stress sometimes associated with it. As is my motto: A Simple, Romantic Life. WE will be enjoying a nice day (home) and I will be enjoying making some new recipes as well as (tentatively) having my family over to share. Then there is Monday, a nice three day weekend (for some) because of President’s Day – but poor retailers, trying to sale you V-day items and then give you their ‘specials’ for President’s Day… ugh… lol.
So I thought I would share some of the blogs/websites that I follow (note these are not ALL of them – I unfortunately have a huge list), but some of the ones I could grab (at this time) I wanted to share ‘their’ Valentines themed posts: Enjoy (like I did)!
- Ice Cream Magazine – seriously my waistband expands just looking at her amazing photos/recipes – wish we had ‘smell-o-vision’ LOL
2. Rae of Sparkles – Shauna is just beautiful and such a sweetheart. She reminds me of my Aunt Peggy’s daughter (Karmon) (seriously remember peeps, I actually DO have blondes in my family)! She does such cute/sweet crafts too.
3. Good Time Stories – Coach Muller’s blog just makes me smile and also reminds me of those great teachers that you don’t want to forget.
4. Sam’s Kitchen – if you like foodie goods, Sam is one to follow. Not only is such beautiful herself, her photographs also make me hungry (lol). It’s also always a joy to see someone on ‘the other side of the world’ (as I like to say)… Australia. (Bucket list item)…
5. True North Nomad – to another beautiful woman and a blogger that I enjoy following so I can see some my future northern road trip locations. She writes as well as she photographs – both a joy to read/watch. (Okay so this photo isn’t V-day related, but I love the red)…
6. This Is Glamorous – I love the name of this website as well as the photos. It’s one of my Pinterest favorites too.
7. Hello Kaily – Ms. Kaily is such a sweet lady and besides her website, she has some great YouTube video’s that give you great information on Beauty Tips. I teased my friend (Kaily) that she needs to give me tips on “old lady” help (lol) – you know, makeup for menopause (sweat proof). HA HA
8. Watson Kennedy – my lovely local, Ted Kennedy’s store also has his great website/blog. His shops (online & storefronts) are my favorite Apothecary type stores – a little of everything to just browse, absorb and great ideas. If you are local or come to Seattle, his stores are a MUST SEE!
9. Camille Styles – I’ve followed Ms. Camille early on and have loved seeing her transformation with the blog/website. She is my new Martha Stewart (Lifestyle blogger) and also another ‘Texas girl’… 🙂
10. The Decorista – I like her Tumblr account (which I follow online, not ON Tumblr and website. A little bit of everything… (P.S.: I need this t-shirt). HEE HEE (for those of you OLD ENOUGH to know though), this is some of the words to the Brenda Lee Sweet Nothings song… love it!