I’m honored and extremely flattered to be nominated for a Liebster Award from a ‘fellow Texan in Seattle’ (aka Jess this beautiful/funny/great mom). I am fortunate to have found her blog, Anderson Ever After and am a fan follower. (I even re-blogged one of her very funny posts).
The purpose of the Liebster Award is to recognize up-and-coming new bloggers, bring exposure to them, and encourage networking between us
1. Link the person who nominated you to your blog post. Thank them and let them know you answered their questions.
2. Answer the 7 questions given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 5-11 other bloggers with a following of less than 500.
4. Create 7 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
6. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
Jess’ questions to me (my nomination) (my answers in italic):
1. what is your favorite thing to blog about? Everything – my blog is more of a rant/journal, but I’m hoping to add more on my exploring/adventures.
2. what kind of posts do you dislike the most? When I get moody and whiney. LOL
meh, let’s dig a little deeper. When I get depressed… 🙁
3. what is the very first thing you do in the morning? Unfortunately because of my IBS & now menopause and/or migraines, I don’t sleep very well so I’m usually up early so I have a routine of taking care of both pets, making the coffee, doing any dishes and then hopefully having time to sit and write.
4. what movie can you watch over & over and never get tired of it? Movie(s): Hope Floats (because it feels a bit like home), Chocolat (because I love the ‘winds of change’ and the mother/daughter bonds) and Under the Tuscan Sun (this one for Italy, divorce, change and her finding herself).
5. where do you see yourself in 10 years? I am working on that VISION (aspiring) to have a couple of cottages for my Bed & Breakfast business.
6. where would you go for your dream vacation? Either back to Italy, new explorations or Greece.
7. what is a weird quirk that you have? My sister would say that I always say, “I Know” (when I’m really just trying to ignore something I dislike – lol). But my kids would say it’s my anal-retentive nature when I get in a cleaning frenzy. Personally though I think my weird quirk is wanting to be liked!
My nominees are the following:
The Denner Table (and a former classmate & friend & who is the perfect voice for blogging)
Recklessly Discreet (for his will to write – no matter what)
So, my 7 questions for my nominees:
1. What or who inspired you to start blogging?
2. What makes YOU happy – not making others happy, what really makes YOU happy?
3. Is there anything that you wish you’d done before you got to your current age or done differently?
4. Think about 2 songs – one that makes you smile & sing along with and the other that makes your heart melt & just feels good?
5. Do you have good friends, good acquaintances or good solo times?
6. When you blog/write, is there a favorite place you go over when you have the time to just write? Did you create it? Or why do you go there?
7. What do you want to do with your blog? Do you do it just for you or do you hope to get readers/followers?
Jess, thank you again for the nomination and for reading my rants/journal/posts. I LOVE writing and just being ME and that is what has inspired ME to blog! And I do hope to get more readers/followers…