What are you grateful for now that you’ve become a mother?
Thank You for Everything I Took for Granted Until I Became a Mom
There are so many things it doesn’t even cross your mind to be grateful for until you become a mother too.
This Mother’s Day I want to say Thank You.
- Thank you for the countless hours you spent driving me to and from cheerleading, piano lessons, dance class, rehearsal, saxophone, etc.
- Thank you for being at all the games, recitals, plays and supporting everything else I did.
- Thank you for all the meals you made, after getting home from work, so that we could sit down together as a family at the end of the day.
- Thank you for brushing my hair in the mornings and remaining pleasant about the fact that by the time you finished doing the second half of my head, the first half had somehow miraculously tangled itself up again.
- Thank you for spending the day playing miniature golf with me when my older siblings went to the Huey Lewis concert together, and I was far too young to go, and far too young to understand why I couldn’t go.
- Thank for being there when my own kids came into the world and for being the best grandma anyone could ask for.
- Thank you for everything, big and small, for all the things you did that didn’t even cross my mind to thank you for because I just expected it and didn’t appreciate how much work it was until I was doing those things myself.
And thank you so much for being such an amazing role model for me.
I love you, Mom.
Betsy Brandt plays Heather Hughes in the CBS series Life in Pieces. She is also well-known for her roles as Sandy in Parenthood and Marie Schrader in Breaking Bad.
This is part of a special series, “Thank You, Mom,” highlighting letters of gratitude from celebrities and notable writers leading up to Mother’s Day. To view the full collection, which will be added to throughout the month of May, go here.