- The boys (Michael and Ethan) left late Saturday for their R-pod adventure in Glacier this week. BUT…poor Michael was not so successful in even getting started. Besides ALL of his new updates to the pod, new purchases (generator & mount), we found out that those cute little bunnies (and RATS) that we’ve had in our yard had also chewed through some of the lower rubber cables (his gas line) and then to top all that off – as they were about an hour and a half out from Glacier park, one of the wheel axles split and caused fire damage to the tire! 🙁 So they are now in a TENT while waiting for the Pod to get repaired. Poor guys! This has not been fun for me either since I have to stay close to internet so I can contact mechanic, insurance, etc. But I feel bad for them more.
- Me – well, I’ve been making sure I go for walks DAILY and was even proud of myself for adding a little jog on some of the days. But this week, I’ve been dealing with some severe pains, so much so, that I literally ‘struggle’ with even the walks right now. I wasn’t sure if I had just over done some of the jogs, but I’ve also done stretches; hoping that would relieve some of the pain but no. The pain is in my knees (yes, I know its partially the extra weight I’m trying to get rid of) but I’ve also been experiencing a couple of shin splints and today not only the right knee, but now my ankles and sharp pains above my thigh. It’s almost impossible to also walk up and down the stairs too. I log my walks/jogs on Map My Walk.com on the phone so at least I know how far I’ve gone, what my pace is and my calorie burn. (Here’s what I look like jogging)…
- I did manage to ‘clean’ up some of the messes that Michael left in the garage. Between all of his wood, wires, etc. of course none of the tools got put back and the workbench was a huge mess. Mini screws and nails everywhere. He opens the boxes so quickly they spill out – and since we don’t have a ‘formal toolbox’ (yet), I decided I would also just put the little items in tiny canning jars (another recent purchase at Walmart). I get so overly anal-retentive about re-organizing stuff, need to get that way though with my craft/junk room. HA
- After I cleaned up Michael’s mess, I decided it was time to pull some of the Halloween decorations out so I could then start working on the props for this year’s party (now at our home – instead of for work)! Last week I managed to take a ‘quick’ drive over to Portland and bought two new mannequins (The Twins, as I call them) – they are two old Nordstrom mannequins with beautiful faces. Since my theme is Witches I decided that they will be the Ice Queen and Fire Queen (I’m looking at Narnia and The Huntsmen movie ideas)! So today I HAD to go to Walmart to get some fabric (and other much needed items) for The Twins! Luckily they had some good black fabric and I also got lucky to find some crushed red velvet (at least enough for a cape) and several yards of white tulle (for 97 cents a yard, you can’t beat that). Sorry, sounded like an infomercial, but when your unemployed and on a very limited budget, every bit counts! teehee
- Now to go use other new tool – thank you ACE HARDWARE! I follow Amy Howard on youtube and received the notice of her latests LIVE tutorial (for some of her products) and was lucky to be one of the winners for a $100 gift card at Ace Howard. So besides purchasing some of Amy’s paints & crackle finish, I also managed to use the money for good use – for a Wagner Paint Sprayer, which I hope will be good for the Halloween props (could have used it last year for the haunted tree)!
- Several other projects in the works, (also to go remove the dead rat the neighborhood cat left on my patio for me- ewwww), but need to also find a good Reflexologist for these weird legs pains! Maybe a little treat for myself today?